Tom Bastin is the founder and President of ERISA Fiduciary Advisors, Inc. Tom is a former practicing ERISA Attorney who has also owned and operated a third party administration (TPA) firm. His background includes the following experience:
- Design, drafting and termination of qualified and non-qualified plan documents.
- Review of benefit plans during merger & acquisition activities.
- Merger of benefit plans acquired as a result of merger & acquisition activities.
- Performance of compliance testing and administrative tasks as a TPA.
- Trust tax administration and compliance.
- Advanced planning for business succession via the utilization of leveraged ESOP's.
- OSJ branch manager for large independent broker-dealer.
- First Vice President of branch operations for international bank.
Mr. Bastin is in the unique position of having worked in several facets of the retirement plan industry. As a result, the services of EFA include and encompass his full expertise.
- Masters in Taxation Law - Univ. of Miami (top 5 program within the U.S.)
- Juris Doctorate of Law - Nova University
- Bachelor of Arts - Purdue University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) - Center for Fiduciary Studies, Univ. of Pittsburgh
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) - Wharton School of Finance
- Principal - Salus Benefits LLC (Third Party Administration Firm)
- ERISA Counsel - AutoNation/Republic Services
- ERISA Counsel - Banking Consultants of America
- President of TPA Operations- First Southern Trust Company
- Trust Tax Administration Manager - SunTrust Bank
- First Vice President - Retail Brokerage Division for International Bank
- Director of Advanced Planning - Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Tom has been a Florida Resident since 1986 and currently lives in Weston, Florida with his wife Ive Bastin and two daughters Erica and Cristina. He enjoys sports such as soccer and golf.